Firefox 4 Status Bar Restored

Frustrating when upgrading to Firefox 4 and, for simplified user interface/other reasons, suddenly the status bar is missing. Find a brilliant solution below...

[UPDATE: The next day... see below]
Frustrating when upgrading to Firefox 4 and, for simplified user interface/other reasons, suddenly the status bar is missing.

Especially critical when you are using Firefox for work!

Fortunately, there is a solution Firefox addon status-4-evar. (let me know if the link doesn't work for you, it is a https)

*** STATUS-4-EVAR !!! ***

A rave review by Noodnik @ addons.mozilla.org:

Yessss!!!

Rated 5 out of 5 stars by Noodnik on April 7, 2011 #

Thank you a lot, I was really missing the status bar!
[UPDATE, The next day...] Unfortunately, the very next day I saw something unusual on the bottom right of the Firefox 4 window, and it didn't look like status-4-evar at all. Status-4-Evar statusbar was gone. As were all my visual results that I saw there. Disable/Enable status-4-evar did not work. Neither did uninstall/reinstall status-4-evar extension work... Oh well... Come to think of it, upgrading Firefox is not much different from upgrading Microsoft Windows. MS will change the default locations of documents, user data, etcetera... and Firefox will change the things that I like... Come to think of it, Firefox 3.?.15 was the last version that worked good for me.. I can still downgrade! [UPDATE, The same day...] Found out that for some reason, probably related to the RAM disk I am using, most of my extensions were wiped out, but not status-4-evar. So that is why I thought status-4-evar did not work. It apparently did, if there simply was something to stick in it?! Backed up my settings from a few days back. Lost a few tabs, but gained my beloved status bar, as well as some much missed buttons... So far so good. The saga may continue. Stay tuned. Comment, subscribe to the blog for more! COMMENT if you have similar issues. We'll find the solutions somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment