Editing a Large Cell in Google Spreadsheets with Firefox 3.6: Impossible Task [Workaround]

Yesterday I was trying to edit a large cell in a spreadsheets in google docs. I was using Firefox. I double clicked on the cell. However, the cell is long and only the right hand side is visible. This is a problem that perhaps just a few folks have, and it has a solution below...

Yesterday I was trying to edit a large cell in a spreadsheets in google docs. I was using Firefox. I double clicked on the cell. However, the cell is long and only the right hand side is visible. Trying to push the cursor to the left, the cursor disappears from the screen. If I wanted to edit the left hand side (beginning) of the long text, I'd have to edit blindly. Not fun. Workaround? Use Google Chrome Browser instead. There, you can double click on a cell, and a little triangle appears on the bottom right of the cell which allows you to pull the cell border down thereby resizing the height of the cell. I searched help on google docs and I couldn't find a real solution for firefox. So let me know if you find a better solution. Cause this is clearly just a workaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment