How To Fix A Crashed Computer? Windows Vista Will Not Boot, Part 1 of 4. Need Hard Drive Data Recovery?


It was scary. I thought I was going to lose my precious data and Vista settings on my hard drive! Or pay hundreds for hard drive data recovery service! How would you go about fixing a crashed computer if your Vista or Windows 7 computer will not boot? Read on...




If your Windows Vista Will Not Boot, then you will definitely want to read this post. Information on how to fix a crashed computer when windows vista will not boot is right here. You can use this information to avoid buying a new hard drive and to avoid expensive hard drive data recovery service. Or, worse, losing all or some of your data on your computer or laptop.

It was scary. I thought I was going to lose my precious data and Vista settings on my hard drive! Or pay hundreds for hard drive data recovery service!

I experienced two BSOD (blue screen of death) crashes in a row with my Vista laptop. Not sure why yet but I have an idea. I do get concerned when BSOD crash happens because I feel BSOD causes damage to the disk and you may end up having to try to recover your hard drive data. Especially because this time it was a really bad BSOD crash! Really bad BSOD crash!

After the second BSOD I ended up with a Laptop on which Vista Will Not Boot. It was unlike any boot problem I experienced previously. There was not a black screen as before. The computer would boot okay, to a degree. The symptom was quite simple and kept repeating itself over and over again. I tried ten times at least. Here's the symptoms:

Upon pressing the on button after the second BSOD crash, everything would seem normal, the computer would go through the Power On Self Test (POST) phase showing on the screen for a few seconds. You may not have this show on your computer. You may just see a blank screen for a while instead of the POST report.

Then the hard drive light would go on for a while and ...  BLINK.. the hard drive light would come off and simultaneously, the NUM LOCK and the CAPS LOCK lights would light together, briefly.

A short pause, then Vista would end up in the System Recovery. I needed to enter the Language, then pick the Administrator from the pull-down menu and then enter the Administrator password. The exact boot sequence may be different for you (let me know about it in the comment) but if you too end up with Vista System Recovery, keep reading! You are in the right place! We'll see if we can recover your hard drive data.

First I decided to press F8 upon reboot and picked the variety of startup options there one after the other. All of them. Result? Nada. Zero. Every single option, Safe Start, Safe Start with Networking, etc, all ended up in booting into Vista System Recovery. Windows Vista Will Not Boot.


In this post, Part 1 of the series of 4, you have witnessed an initial attempt at how to fix a crashed computer. You've seen F8 options not helping. You've seen that sometimes, Windows Vista Will Not Boot no matter what and keeps going into Vista System Recovery. Read on. If your Windows Vista will not boot either, you will find out how to get out of the Vista System Recovery prison. You will find out how to fix a crashed computer and recover your hard drive data and operating system when Vista will not boot properly. Part 2 of 4: Vista System Recovery and how to fix a crashed computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment